The old man and the sea
© Copyright Ross and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
June 18, 2012
Many of us will dubiously ask ourselves, "What kind of life is waiting after retiring from a job?" Hastily, we chase time in a manner of skipping moments by moments, not realizing that we are already at the end of the road. But what do we get in return? A physical and mental fatigued. A closer look at what is happening is the impact of a recession. More alarming and sad to say that most of us are worrying for the next episode of our lives after retiring from our job, for many have failed, if not, keep a substantial amount in their savings, while some are confident that their retirement pension would cater their needs. What does this mean to all of us? It means that much older age will still inch themselves to the workforce to find a suitable job in order to sustain themselves food and shelter. Chances are so narrow that they could get hired because of the youth-obsessed employers and that they are now classified as has-beens. Golden years could still be relaxing with your retirement oasis by considering this friendly advice.
- If you feel that you can still perform the task assigned to you, why not delay your retirement to add more on your savings account, and add zest to your life. Always feel the vigor in your body and mind by keeping yourself on the move, and keeping away from idleness will help you become more productive and creative. Productive people can always think of a better future because they know where to put their hard-earned money, and later be added to their retirement cushion.
- Plan ahead, and always think that your insurance won't be around to take care of you, and this means you need to create another source of income outside from your retirement fee. Make a contingency plan to navigate all possible expenses, that there should be separate funds for your health needs, and for some emergency that crops up.
- Re-assess your retirement plans and reduce your expenses to create a new structure of your life and career planning. And from this point, you can decide what kind of life you want and reckon the income you need for your chosen lifestyle. Learn from financial gurus to understand more about investments. They could offer you a great deal to tie up your earnings to a much stronger and viable corporation. You just need to be more diligent and aware of the trend in the stock market.
- Fulfillment shows up when you feel satisfaction in everything that you do. Make a difference in your life; while you no longer tied up to your job, you are in full control of your time. Supposedly, you are holding enough money to sustain your life, another way to be more fulfilled is to determine your talent or expertise, and start your own business; or you can determine services that interest you, like volunteering in charitable work, making a breakthrough in community development, and joining more crusades in preserving the beauty of our mother earth. Finding suitability for yourself is going through self-assessment that will help you find your purpose to live an active life again.
- Building friends around you is extenuating the feeling of being ineffectual. Trusted friends and relatives will be your last resort for relying on when hit by hard times. Your retirement does not only end resting inside your house; it is also spending more vividly outside with your dream-purpose.
Noel Nicolas Villarosa is a poet, and also writes an article about self-improvement and motivation. You can read all his poems and articles at http://pinoylifefacts.blogspot.com/.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Noel_Nicolas_Villarosa